! -- $Header: ~rt.html,v 1.0 1995/03/16 14:48:00 rmt Exp $ -->
Copyright © 2007 - 2023
Copyright © 2007 - 2023, Coachworks For contact data Click Here.
It has only been in recent times that we have thought to create web pages for each engine, and most of the time we only do so for engines we build "on speculation" - that is, to sell outright - since this is how we advertise them and therefore it's easy to just save the page. However, these pages remain useful as examples of our work, so we sometimes leave them up, to be found here.
Notably, these provide you with information about the work we do, how we do it, and also we have gotten many thank-yous for publishing examples for how this work is done correctly.
As of the Summer Solstice of 2021 we have posted 51 engine web pages now! Some of these are for engine's we're still working on in our shop, some are for clients who wish to have their own private page and not have it displayed here, and some we're confused about at the moment if we should make them public or not. ... And so, those linked below are only a subset of what's actually on our web site.
Note also that we are open to showing the inevitable problems that come up. We'll even highlight them! We think this is a good idea because not only is it completely honest, you get to see real-world solutions to real-world problems.
This list is sorted by Serial Number or, for un-numbered cases, aproximate production date.
The story of each engine and lots of photographs are found on the web pages linked for each individual engine.
- un-numbered, two-piece case 356 1500 type 546
- 3203x - 1953 two-piece crankcase 1500 type 546
- un-numbered, 1953 two-piece case 356 1500 type 527 - already run-in on dynomometer
- 3331x - 1954 two-piece crankcase 1500 type 546
- 4138x - 1955 three-piece crankcase 1500S type 528/2
- 6805x - 1958 Type 616/1, built as a 616/2 - Turn-key, run-in
- 8873x - 1961 Type 616/2, 1600S - Turn-key, run-in
- 8936x - 1961 Type 616/2, 1600S - Turn-key, run-in
- 60948x - 1962 1600 type 616/1
- 70464x - 1962 1600S type 616/12
- 71237x - 1964 1600 C type 616/1
- 7466x - 1960 1600S type 616/2
- 81013x - 1963 1600 SC type 616/16
- 81015x - 1963 1600 SC type 616/16
- un-numbered 356 SC, type 616/16 - Long-block completed as turn-key for a '58 Speedster
- 81396x - 356 SC type 616/16 circa 1965
- 83118x - 912 type 616/36 circa May, 1965, long-block
- 74174x - 1966 912 type 616/36 - Turn-key, already run-in on dynamometer
- un-numbered case 356 SC type 616/16, replacement case circa 1969 - long-block completed as turn-key with customer's parts
- un-numbered case 356 SC type 616/16, replacement case circa 1969 - long-block
- 75168x - 1966 912 type 616/36
When you're looking for service or need an engine, just let us know.
The image below is an 1600S.
In the below image, the pulley bore of a two-piece crankcase is shown repaired. It needs repair more often than people might think! We have run into this problem so often, we created a web page that describes how it's done.
...There are many, many more images to see!... Browse through the linked web pages above and you'll find more of them!